We cannot stop the future and we can’t rewind the past.
Like everywhere else in the world, La Plata county will change…
I will listen to you and serve without obligation or favor to any political party or special interest
- What are your priorities for county government?`
- What is reasonable and practical to keep the same?
- What kind of change can you live with?
Tell me your concerns and views about the quality of life in La Plata County and how to plan for:
- Economic sustainability (managing and protecting what we have now) and economic development (how do we move forward?)
- Airport and airline service
- City – County Relationships
- County – Southern Ute Tribe Relationships
- Environmental Issues
- Extraction industries (oil, gas, mining, timber)
- Fiscal management
- Health Care
- High Tech, broadband
- Infrastructure maintenance and development (roads, bridges, buildings, etc.)
- La Plata County Commissioners and employees
- Law Enforcement
- Light industry
- Non-profit sector
- Pandemic relief and recovery – allocation of state and federal support
- Professional services
- Public lands and natural resources
- Remote online employment
- Retail services
- Social Services
- Television access (CO vs. NM)?
- Water (residential, industrial, agriculture)
- Zoning and land use policies & practices
I’ll be at lots meetings, events, and other functions to hear from you. Please use the contact form to express your view, set up a meeting, or to invite Jack Turner to an event.
A GRAND BARGAIN…
If I follow the commitments above, I ask that citizens make sincere effort to follow the same principles of Respect, Listen, Learn, and Collaborate. We’re all in this together.